Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ME & THE KEY



In what can only be explained as a quiet day in news the New Zealand Herald leads with a story informing us where John Key is getting the suit he will be wearing to the Royal Wedding tailored.

Yes apparently there is a Royal Wedding soon, who knew?

Well blow me down with a merino thread if the Prime Minister of New Zealand goes to the same place for his big ticket suits as I do for my hats.

The Herald article reads like an advertorial, which if it was picked up by TV3’s Nightline I would suspect was a publicity stunt placed by PeadPR financed by RJB Design. But The Herald does not sell type face space does it? Or am I being overly negative? Does the public really want to know where the suit John Key is wearing to some Wedding in a couple of weeks was purchased?

Mr Key’s bespoke suit will have Greenstone “washed into the weave”. I put that in quotation marks as that is how it was presented in the Herald. Also it makes it look like a euphemism for something else.

Since I wrote about the great service I received from Ronald at RJB Design I have been back, toyed about getting a suit (ended up getting one from Murray Crane (also excellent service)) but have purchased a pair of brown socks. You would be fascinated to know how difficult it is to obtain brown socks in Auckland.

I might be back soon as I have had the unfortunate occurrence of having two pairs of cuff links break on me on consecutive days. What are the odds in that?

I hope the store is not mobbed by John Key groupies when I go.

Wash that into your weave.