Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Comic Relief (UK) Wellington branch xmas party

Dear friends,
As you know the Christmas period is fast approaching. I bet you’ve all got your office parties and cools things planned huh? Yeah, me too. But spare a thought for me. I work alone. In fact, here’s a little song I sing to myself as I work:
I was going to go ahead and have my own party, just me, but the guy I drew out of the hat for secret Santa is a real douche so I’ve decided to extend the invite to others.
The plan at this stage involves meeting at Lanes for bowling to commence at 18.00, followed by Ribs at the Lone Star at 19.30. There may or may not be a secret Santa setup/speeches/prize giving/employee of the year ceremony. The social committee is currently divided on the issue.
What do you think? It’s for charity. Kind of. I work for the charity, I didn’t mean that you guys coming along to be my friend would be charitable on your behalf. But it would be. Although another great thing about the recession is the cost of hiring friends for the night has really dropped.
Please let me know if you’re in,
The Rock